Online Burn Permits
Welcome to the Twin Falls Fire Department Online Burn Permit Rules, Requirements and Application Information.
Please read all information carefully before obtaining a burn permit.
- Permits for open burning are free of charge.
- Permits are required before burning materials grown on your property in the city limits.
- Permits are not required for cooking, small recreational fires, outdoor fireplace.
- Permits are required for each address where burning occurs.
- Permits will be valid through the end of the current year.
- Permits expire at 11:59 p.m. on December 31.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FIRE, AND ITS SMOKE.
OPEN BURNING REQUIREMENTS
By accepting a permit, you agree to abide by the following requirements:
1. No burning shall be done before 8:00 a.m. or later than 7:00 p.m.
2. Fires shall be under constant observance by the permittee, or other competent person acting for him, and shall not be permitted to smolder, give off heavy smoke, flying sparks, noxious odors, or otherwise create a nuisance in the neighborhood.
3. Material burned under this permit shall not contain bones, rags, rubber, petroleum products, plastics, asphalt or composition roofing, tar, tar paper, paints, or be too wet or compact to burn freely.
4. The person whom this permit is issued shall be responsible for such fire and the observance of the above conditions. A violation of or failure to observe any of said conditions by said permittee, or by any other person acting under this permit, shall constitute a misdemeanor by the permittee as well as by such other person, and the permit may be revoked.
Warning: DO NOT BURN OPEN FIRES WHEN WIND IS BLOWING OR NEAR ANY COMBUSTIBLE STRUCTURES!
Click Link Below to Access New Online Burning Permits!!