- City Manager
- City Strategic Plan
- Accessible Community
EXPAND TRANSPORTATION NETWORK TO ADDRESS MOTORIZED, BICYCLE, AND PEDESTRIAN EXPECTATIONS
AC1.1: The City will update and implement the Transportation Master Plan (TMP)
- AC1.1.1: Evaluate citizen request and new development for opportunities. Make provision for the transportation needs of the future.
- AC1.1.2: Identify and prioritize needed multi-modal connections and develop a plan to make those connections.
- AC1.1.3: Implement capacity and multi-modal improvement projects identified in the TMP.
AC1.2: The City will implement the master trail plan as a critical element of the transportation system
- AC1.2.1: The City will continue to expand and connect bicycle facilities.
- AC1.2.2: The City will continue to expand and connect pedestrian facilities.
- AC1.2.3: The City will continue to work with community partners to support the implementation of the master trail plan.
AC1.3: The City will plan for an increasing demand for public transportation
- AC1.3.1: Evaluate the Public Transportation Feasibility Study results.
- AC1.3.2: Work with transportation community partners to find desired transition from current to future public transportation systems.
AC1.4: The City will implement the updated Comprehensive Master Plan policies that support multi-modal transportation options
- AC1.4.1: Rewrite Title 10 to accommodate Comprehensive Plan recommendations.
AC2: MAINTAIN OUR TRANSPORTATION ASSETS
AC2.1: The City will continue to improve the condition and operation of its streets
- AC2.1.1: Continue to utilize our current zone maintenance program.
- AC2.1.2: Perform regular Pavement Condition Index (PCI)“Micropaver” scans of City streets to track pavement condition changes and to prioritize construction and reconstruction of roadway
- AC2.1.3: Maintain traffic signals, illumination, signing, and striping to meet established standards.
AC2.2: The City will continue to improve the condition and operation of its sidewalks
- AC2.2.1: Continue implementation of the ADA Transition Plan by reconstructing or modifying sidewalk curb ramps.
- AC2.2.2: Continue to offer the sidewalk replacement 50% grant program, and consider expanding the program to non-residential properties.
- AC2.2.3: Develop and implement a sidewalk maintenance plan.
- AC2.2.4: Maintain roadways and optimize emergency vehicle response during extreme weather and special events.
AC2.3: The City will continue to improve the condition and operation of its trails
- AC2.3.1: Develop and implement a zone maintenance program for trails.
- AC2.3.2: Enhance trail facilities with support amenities, such as parking, signage, restrooms, benches, water fountains.
AC3: MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE THE MAGIC VALLEY REGIONAL AIRPORT
AC3.1: The City will continue to maintain and improve the airport facilities
- AC3.1.1: Work with the County and City to maintain protective zoning around the airport, restricting incompatible land uses within the areas impacted by airport operations.
- AC3.1.2: Implement the Airport’s FAA Master Plan and Capital Improvement Process, and the FAA funded Airport Improvement Program(AIP
- AC3.1.3: Implement the Airport FAA Capital Improvement Plan(CIP) for timely maintenance and development projects.
AC3.2: The City will maintain and improve airport service
- AC3.2.1: The City will work closely with air service partners to ensure continued level of service.
- AC3.2.2: The City will develop strategies to expand passenger air service through both frequency and destinations.
AC4: TWIN FALLS WILL BE A REGIONAL LEADER FOR TRANSPORTATION PLANNING
AC4.1: The City will prepare for upcoming Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) designation
- AC4.1.1: The City will research the impacts of the MPO designation and build partnerships with other affected organizations.
AC4.2: The City will be aware of and advocate for regional transportation improvements
- AC4.2.1: The City will continue to participate in the Southeast Corridor Study process.
- AC4.2.2: The City will participate in the processes surrounding a third bridge crossing the Snake River Canyon.
- AC4.2.3: The City will advocate for rerouting US Highway 30 (2nd Avenues) around downtown.