To request an inspection, log in to the Portal or call the following numbers:
Building Inspection 208-735-7333 TF Building Department Office 208-735-7238
Plumbing Inspection 208-735-7299 TF Fire Department 208-735-7236
Mechanical Inspection 208-735-7289 Planning & Zoning 208-735-7267
Electrical Inspection 208-735-7235 Engineering Inspection 208-735-3446
Inspection Scheduling Procedures
Customers are encouraged to complete our online customer satisfaction survey to help us provide the best possible service.
Please Read Before Requesting an Inspection
- Please call 208-735-7333 when requesting an inspection. Please have permit number, property address, contact name, contact phone number and type of inspection that you are requesting ready when calling this number. Incomplete inspection requests may not be scheduled.
- Certificate of Occupancies will be signed, processed and issued in the order they are received and could take up to 3 business days to process.
- Inspection requests received after 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) will be scheduled for the next business day.
- Inspections are generally done in the order they are received; however, concrete inspections are given a priority. If you are requesting a concrete inspection you can request either an AM inspection (between 8:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.) OR a PM inspection (between 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.) AM inspections are to be ready by 8 AM, and PM inspections by 12 PM. Concrete inspections are required to have property lines marked with string, minimum depth of 12” and built as per City approved plans.
- Depending on the number of inspections on a given day, inspectors will continue their efforts to accommodate with unusual situations that require our services on a timelier schedule. Inspections ordinarily occur between the hours of 8:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m., excluding observed holidays.
- Prior to requesting a framing inspection all rough-in inspections for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fireplace, shear, fire alarm and fire sprinklers must be completed and inspection card onsite must be signed off. It is also required that you have all windows and doors sealed and vertical and horizontal penetrations fire blocked.
- Prior to requesting a building final inspection all final inspections for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, firewall, fire sprinklers must be completed and inspection card onsite must be signed off.
- Re-inspection fees are only charged if an inspection has failed more than (1) time for the same issue. The fee of $50.00 must be paid prior to scheduling a re-inspection. For options on how to pay this fee please call 208-735-7238.
**NO WORK SHALL BE DONE UNTIL PERMITS ARE ISSUED**