Building Safety Department
The Building Department's purpose is to protect the public health, safety and welfare in all new and existing structures, residential and commercial, and on all existing premises by enforcing minimum code requirements.
Provisions of these codes relate to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, life safety and safety from fire and other hazards. Various activities of the Building Department include:
- Conducting inspections of new commercial and residential construction including, alterations, additions and detached accessory buildings
- Educating the public concerning safety, health and welfare in the building environment
- Issuing building and various related trade permits
- Processing of permit applications for all types of construction
- Providing assistance to developers, contractors and citizens relating to building code requirements
- Regulating the occupancy of existing structures and premises and helps to evaluate requirements based on use and occupancy type
- Reviewing of commercial and residential construction plans
Inspections must be called in prior to 7:30 a.m. for same day inspection. Inspections called in after 7:30 a.m. will be scheduled the following day.
To request an inspection, call the number for each inspector. View the list of inspections staff. Customers are encouraged to complete our online customer satisfaction survey to help us provide the best possible service.
|Wed, January 01, 2020||Wed, November 11 2020|
|Mon, January 20, 2020||Thu, November 26, 2020|
|Mon, February 17, 2020||Fri, November 27, 2020|
|Mon, May 25, 2020||Thu, December 24, 2020|
|Fri, July 03, 2020||Fri, December 25, 2020|
|Mon, September 07, 2020||Fri, January 01, 2021|