Can I build on a flood plain?

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) requires any construction in a flood plain to be regulated by the governing agency in the area.  Because of the requirement, the City of Twin Falls ensures compliance with FEMA regulations.  

For questions regarding the different flood zones and building regulations for each zone, please contact the Engineering department for specific details (208) 735-7248.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I dump my RV waste?
2. What is that smell?
3. Why does the City Chip Seal?
4. What do I need to do if my street luminaire/light is out?
5. Who maintains grease traps?
6. Can I build on a flood plain?
7. What can I do in a flood plain?
8. How do I request an ADA ramp on public property?