Security and Baggage
- Please arrive one (1) hour before all Domestic flights and one and one-half (1 1/2) hours before all International flights for Security Screening.
- A government-issued photo identification (federal, state or local) for passengers over 18 years old is required. Travelers will be asked to show this ID along with their boarding pass. **Effective May 23, 2023, you will need the new star card for your Driver’s License.
- All bags are subject to hand search.
- All electronic items, such as laptops and cell phones, may be subjected to additional screening. Be prepared to remove your laptop from its travel case so that it can be x-rayed separately (x-rays will not cause any damage to your electronic equipment).
- Arriving at the airport one (1) hour before your Delta departure is advisable.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your bags. When asked who packed your bags and if you might have left them unattended at anytime, think carefully and answer the questions honestly. Criminals may use unsuspecting passengers to carry bombs or other dangerous items onto aircraft.
- Check with your airline regarding baggage restrictions and shipping information.
- Each traveler is limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item (i.e., purse, briefcase, backpack, computer, etc.).
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond the screening checkpoints. Check with your airline if you need to accompany a child, an elderly person or anyone with special needs.
- Please refer to the Transportation Security Administration’s website for complete information on what is allowable as a carry-on and as checked baggage.
- You may be hand searched and are required to remove your shoes and outer coat at the screening checkpoint.