Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Twin Falls Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a structure fire at 12:45 a.m. Tuesday, May 24 in the area of the 400 block of Madrona Street. Twin Falls Police and Magic Valley Paramedics also assisted in responding to the incident.
Twin Falls Fire Battalion #1 was the first to arrive and they saw flames coming from a single-level apartment complex on Madrona Street. It was determined that one occupant was inside the building during the fire, but the individual was able to evacuate on his own. He was later transported to St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries. Three Engine Companies knocked down the fire and Twin Falls Police assisted in evacuating neighboring apartments.
The fire was declared under control at 1 a.m.; however, the fire caused significant damage to one of the apartments. Firefighters were able to knock down the fire before it spread to other apartment units. The fire was determined to have started in a couch and was most likely caused by lit cigarette.