Lt. Terry Thueson
The individual that led Law Enforcement Officers on a high-speed pursuit on October 15, 2019, that culminated in an officer involved shooting has been identified as 28-year-old David James Bamber Jr. from Pleasanton, California. Next of kin have been notified.
At the time Elmore County Deputies, Idaho State Police, and Gooding County Deputies engaged in the pursuit of Bamber, the following information was available to Law Enforcement.
- Bamber had multiple felony warrants issued for his arrest out of California.
- Unlawful possession of a firearm.
- Bamber was the suspect in a kidnapping that occurred in Pleasanton California.
- Bamber was suspected of committing a second kidnapping near Bald Mountain Nevada.
- Bamber was believed to be driving a stolen vehicle.
- An Officer Safety Alert issued by Pleasanton Police Department indicated Bamber was armed and dangerous.
Upon further investigation by the Critical Incident Task Force (CITF), it was learned that Bamber had a lengthy criminal history out of the State of California. Bamber was also the respondent to a protection order issued in California at the time of this incident on October 15, 2019.
This event is still under investigation by the CITF. Once completed, the investigation will be submitted to the Gooding County Prosecutor’s Office for review.