Customers of the City of Twin Falls’ curbside recycling program should begin placing only Aluminum, Cardboard, and Tin (ACT) into the orange-top recycle bins. Other recyclable materials such as paper and plastics #1 and #2 will not be accepted, but may be taken to local recyclers or disposed of in the blue waste bins for trash collection.
Beginning in October, the City of Twin Falls implemented a scaled-back recycling program in response to rising costs and declining demand for some recyclable materials. The curbside program will collect only Aluminum cans, clean corrugated Cardboard and Tin cans. All food, liquid, and other contamination should be removed from cans before being discarded in the recycle bin.
Please do not place any other materials in the orange-top recycle bins. Contamination from one recycle bin can compromise a full truckload of recyclable materials, which are not accepted by recyclers and must be diverted to the landfill for disposal.
Customers are asked to ACT now to recycle only Aluminum, Cardboard, and Tin at curbside pickup.
To educate the community about changes to the recycling program, the city is working with PSI Environmental Systems to do the following:
- All city utility customers will receive updated information on recycling in their utility bills
- PSI Environmental will label all recycle bins to show ACT materials that will be recycled
- The city will provide information about alternate locations where residents can take recyclable materials
- The city will advertise currently accepted materials on local and streaming media
- Updated information will be posted to the city website at www.tfid.org
More information about the City of Twin Falls’ curbside trash and recycling collection is available here.