Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Twin Falls Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 6:35 a.m. Friday on the 200 block of Harrison Street. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from the attic of a single-story residence.
Firefighters entered the residence and found flames coming from the living room. They extinguished the fire and searched the residence for occupants. Two searches of the residence determined that no occupants were inside the building during the fire.
Three engine companies, two emergency medical vehicles, and a command unit responded to the fire, which firefighters had under control by 6:55 p.m. Twin Falls Police assisted in blocking traffic and securing the scene.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an overheated battery that was charging next to combustible materials. The fire and smoke caused an estimated $10,000 to $15,000 in damages to the living room and its contents.